Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Dad



I know him as my Dad. My kids call him Grandpa Palmer, neighborhood kids know him as Grandma Treat's husband. He is an amazing man. Growing up, I knew I always wanted to marry a man just like him. He is sweet, loving, logical, strong, handsome and SO caring!!
Today, my Dad is now known has President Palmer. He is the new stake President of the Mesa, Arizona, Maricopa North Stake President. He has been a member of the Stake Presidency for 9 years, serving under President Wright, but today President Wright was released and my dad was called as the stake president. Anyone who is not a member of our church might be confused, but basically, my dad is the head of an area of our church. He helps guide and lead the bishops and members of the stake. This is all voluntary, unpaid, and on top of his full time job, and family work. He does this willingly. Check out this link for more information about our church, and what we believe. I am so proud of my dad and have no doubt that he will be an amazing leader. He always has been! He has an amazing love for all he serves, but especially those less fortunate. He wants to help them and care for them, because he truly loves them.
My dad is amazing. I love him. He was so worried about my Jakey, and about me and my family. He was willing to drop everything and come to the hospital and wait. He also gave me and Tyler some amazing blessings throughout this trial.
I had to post this photo of his hands. They are large, and you can see the scratches from working at the farm. He works hard, but you can see how tender and sweet he is. They have always been a symbol of protection to me. I love my dad's hands!
I want you all to know my testimony. I am SO grateful I was raised in this church. It has been such a blessing to me all of my life. It is the reason I am the person I am today. The way I act, choices I make, and what I want to become all revolve around my belief. I know the church I belong to is true. I am grateful I have had loving parents who have taught me of the church, but have ALWAYS lived it as well. There is no better lessons in life, than those led by example, and my parents have always done that for me. I know my Heavenly Father knows me, my family, and my trials, and LOVES me, no matter what. He wants what is best for me, even when I might not like the trials I have been given, I know He is mindful of them and will help me overcome them. I have heard the saying, the Lord will not give you anything beyond that which you are capable of, which I have always believed. I still believe it, even though I don't know how capable I am to get through this trial. I know I can always turn to the Lord and he will listen and comfort me.
I love my family and the support they have been to me. We were all there today (except my brother that is on a mission). We always have so much fun together, and all of our kids have a GREAT time playing together. We are all best friends and I can hardly wait to be together for eternity! We will have such a great time!
I know I don't talk about my church as much as I should, but if any of you have any questions regarding my beliefs, please ask me. I would love to talk about it, or answer any questions. You can e-mail me edennison78@yahoo.com or call me anytime!!
Congratulations on your new calling, Dad! I love you!!

7 comments:

idahohubers said...

My family told me about your dad's new calling today. Your parents are wonderful. We had a great ward to grow up in didn't we! - I hope they read your comments :)

My mom is in the hospital and your dad was there this afternoon. What a comfort to me that she is surrounded by friends and caring priesthood leaders.

I still think about you alot and hope you are doing OK!

Julz said...

You really do have amazing parents, and you are pretty amazing yourself!

Mary said...

What a wonderful post! I love your Dad… and Mom too. I think your dad is so wonderful! You and sibling are so lucky to have father like David, strong, wise, loving and so fun. He will be a wonderful Stake President! David has a special place in Kyle's heart too! Also, beautiful testimony, Liz you are so strong and sweet! You are such an example to all!

Fife and Cesta said...

Congrats to your dad and family! Somehow deep down, I knew he would be president. It's funny, I was just telling my mom that I thought your dad was going to president. She asked me who I thought would be the counselors, and I mentioned Bro. Tingey. Strange, I know. Great testimony. You are always so kind and thoughtful - a sign of good upbringing :)

Denise said...

We know you are his favorite and all...

Donelle said...

I love your dad and your entire family. I feel blessed to have gotten to know them so well. So you are the favorite....?

Bella Beginnings said...

I love this post... I want to copy it because I agree with everything. And yes, you are the favorite... hands down! But that is okay, you were his first daughter!