Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cooking??? What is cooking???


Hi everyone, I need a BIG favor from all of you!!! So, now that I am not working I don't have any real reasons not to cook. Tyler, is the BEST cook ever, but I can't expect him to cook everyday, after working all day too!! So, I am needing you to all give me your EASY dinners/meals. Remember, I'm not a cook, Tyler is, so they need to be easy. I can make spaghetti, fettucine alfredo, bean burritos, scones and chicken and rice (bland, but if you have a twist, please share!), but those are easy and kind of boring. Please give me your best, EASIEST recipes. I don't want to be in the kitchen cooking all afternoon, so please make it something pretty easy to throw together. Sorry, there are lots of stipulations!! Haha!! Please help me get some GOOD use out of some adorable aprons!! :)

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Ooooo! When you get your list of all these easy recipes, pass them along!!

I'm not a cook either so ALL my meals are easy!!

Try...
Hawaiian Haystacks (yum!)
I'll get you the recipe (I started typing it and can't remember how much of what goes in)

J and L Palmer said...

ok this recipe denise told me, but i don't think she's made it, i have, and it's really yummy! arys even eats it.
cook some pasta
grind up croutons in a food processor so there tiney flakes. there can be some chuncks.
poor olive oil over your pasta. and just keep adding the croutons and olive oil to your liking.
also, we marinate chicken in italian dressing, or whatever you like and grill that and throw it in there. it's really good and really fast. i didn't have chicken one night and made it and it was still good.
also, if the croutons, chicken and olive oil isn't enough flavor for you, what john likes to do is add his favorite dressing. but i love it plain! let me know if you try it!

Elisha said...

Okay, I've got one for you. Go to the grocery store and buy a can of the cream of chicken AND mushroom soup (not separate cans--they actually have it mixed together in the can). And then follow the recipe for Paprika Chicken on the back. I even make it in my crockpot and it's one of my favorites! And SO easy! I'll look through my recipes and come up with some more!

Anonymous said...

I've got lots for you! You know me, I like to cook! Here's a really yummy and easy one. It has two smiley faces by it! When I try a new recipe, if we don't like it, I put a frowny face by it. If we do like it, it gets a happy face. If my kids ask for seconds and love it, it gets two smiley faces! You need about a cup of crushed up cornflakes. I put them in a ziplock bag and let the kids go at it. Then add to the bag (as long as the kids haven't put holes in it) 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (the kind in the little can like you put on spagetti) and one package powdered ranch dressing. Mix those up in the bag and then dump it in something like a pie tin. Melt like a cube of butter. Dip some chicken, like 6-8 breasts, (I only use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. My kids have no clue that chickens have bones!) in the melted butter and roll the chicken in cornflake mixture. Put chicken in your greased baking dish and cook at 350 for 45 minutes. If you want it in a recipe format, I can scan it for you. Maybe I'll just scan a few of our favorites and email to you. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Total stranger, but I love easy and yummy meals so I have to share some. Chicken and Rice (this is different than the ones I have tried before and it's very good)
1 c. long grain rice (not instant)
1/4 c. melted butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
4-6 chicken breasts (I use frozen ones)
1 pkg. of onion soup mix

Melt butter and mix with rice. Add cream soups and milk, stir. Pour mixture in 9x13 pan. Place raw chicken on top and sprinkle onion soup mix over the chicken. Seal with foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours. I make it in the morning and pop it in the oven later in the day.

Easy Bbq
2 lbs. hamburger
1 bottle ketchup
1 tsp. curry powder
1 onion or sprinkle a few onion flakes
2 tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. chili powder
2 bay leaves
Brown beef and onion add the rest of ingredients and simmer for 1 hr. (can be simmered in slow cooker on low for several hours).
Serve on hamburger buns

Bbq chicken (a staple at our house)
Chicken breasts, however many you need. I use frozen.
bbq sauce, 1 bottle
Bake chicken, covered, with salt and pepper with 1 cup of water for 2-3 hours. Drain off the juices 30 min. before you eat and pour bbq sauce over, place back in the oven until dinner time. Serve with baked potato and green beans, super easy. I throw in the potatoes when I put the chicken in.
I have tons more, feel free to email me j.l.cheney@gmail.com

Sara Honeywell said...

Hi Liz-I'm sure missin' you on Monday's and Wednesday's!!

This is an easy recipe...Trav loves it and it's SO easy.

Put some chicken breasts in the crock pot...cover with Tomato Sauce and put in Two packets of Lipton's onion soup mix. Let it cook all day....until the chicken can pull apart with a fork. Serve over Rotini Pasta and Parmesan Cheese. Easy...and yummy!

If you like roast this is another easy one....place a roast in your crock pot, with diced potatoes and carrots...put in a package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, cover with water and cook all day until meat can be pulled with a fork. Makes your house smell good too! :o)

I'll try to think of others.
I miss you.

Tawnya said...

This isn't really 'cooking' but it's an easy meal when you don't feel like doing a lot.

Chinese Chicken Salad

1 head romaine lettuce
1 large can of chicken
1 bunch of green onions
1 can of mandarin oranges
1 package of ramen noodles
1 bottle Girard's Chinese dressing
(you can buy that at Wal-Mart and most grocery stores)

Chop the lettuce and onions. Toss in the chicken and oranges. Saute the noodles (crushed up) in some butter and top it all off with the dressing!

Alleman Family said...

Hey Liz! I emailed you some yummy recipes.. enjoy!

Sarah said...

Cute apron! I was just telling my husband last night that I need to get me a couple of really cute aprons and maybe I'd enjoy cooking a little better! :)

I just emailed you a couple easy recipes.

Angela said...

Sending you an email soon that has a great crock pot recipe and a link to a great crock pot bolg! You do know what a crock pot is don't you??!!!!??? JK

Shumaker said...

Liz,
I saw your blog off of Denise's and so I thought I would check it out. I love seeing how cute your family is. I am so sorry for your loss. I know a lot of people say that I am sure. I have a sister in law and brother in law who lost their son when he was 19 mo old. He would have been 5 and a half now, she is so strong in the gospel. I think it has helped her know she will see him again. She still struggles at time with her loss.

I have a easy meal too.
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 lb chicken
1 can cream chicken soup
1 cup mayo
2 tsp curry powder

Cook up the chicken and then dice it or shred it. Then mix the soup mayo and curry powder. Put broccoli in the bottome of 9X13 pan put chicken over that. Then pour the soup mixture over it all. Mix it all up. Top with cheadder cheese. bake in 350 oven for 40 minutes. We serve this over rice and my family and kids just love it.