It is FINALLY official!! I am now a full-time, stay-at-home mom!! I have been working for Progressive Insurance for 10 years and yesterday I gave my 2 weeks notice!!
Don't get me wrong, Progressive has been a GREAT company to work for. I started working there 3 months after I got married. I worked there through my bachelors, Tyler's bachelor, The twins, Tyler going to PA school, Lexi being born, and then Jake as well. They were amazing. I have worked both full-time and part-time depending on my family's needs. My supervisors have always been amazing and have all become great friends, and all of my co-workers are so nice as well! The only downfall is that I wasn't home full-time with my family!!
Don't get me wrong, Progressive has been a GREAT company to work for. I started working there 3 months after I got married. I worked there through my bachelors, Tyler's bachelor, The twins, Tyler going to PA school, Lexi being born, and then Jake as well. They were amazing. I have worked both full-time and part-time depending on my family's needs. My supervisors have always been amazing and have all become great friends, and all of my co-workers are so nice as well! The only downfall is that I wasn't home full-time with my family!!
We are finally at a point that I can stay home full-time!! I am so excited. I will miss my friends, but we will keep in touch!! (You all have my blog, so there is no excuse! :)
Here is a photo of my badge. This is what I looked like 10 years ago when I started! I look like a baby!
Thank you, Progressive, for 10 years!!





9 comments:
YEAHHHHH!!!! I am so happy for you. I know you really enjoyed your time doing projects, but I am still happy to have you free for fun times during the day and night. Yeahhhh. COngrats and oh yes, you do look like a baby in the photo. 10 years is a long time. Congrats.
Congrats!
Wow! That is awesome! I worked for 5 years until I was suprisingly laid off during a "downsize". I was pregnant with our 2nd baby and after only 5 years, I felt lost for the first few days. It ended up being a blessing in disguise though because I had debated quitting several times so I could stay home with our daughter, but felt obligated to stay. I have very much enjoyed being able to stay at home with our kiddos.
I so love the long hair in the pic. Yeah for getting to stay home. But now do you get an excuse for sleeping in. We gotta find one fast!!!
Yeah for quiting. It seriously is the best thing to quit a job and be a SAHM! I love it!! If Lexi wants a playdate at the park or something, Makenzie's always ready :)
Liz-I am SO happy for you! I'm gonna miss you terribly, but you're kids are gonna LOVE that you're gonna be home with them now.
There are no words...
Yeah!!! I don't blame you and you gotta love those badge pics. 10 years is a long time and I'll hit 11yrs next Tues. Crazy!!! Enjoy being home with the family and I know you won't miss those late work nights etc. I'm thinking of you and your family. Please take care! April Osborn
I'll be in touch.
It has finally happened :) I am so excited for you. Hey, I might even join you come December....but you know me....prob not. Congrats!
Post a Comment