Saturday was the Heart walk. It is put on by the American Heart Association and this year the St. Joseph's PCTICU (pediatric heart unit) decided to participate. We had LOTS of my family and friends purchase shirts and lots came to walk as well! It was LOTS of fun!
My mom brought a whole bunch of the blue balloons that we had for Jake's funeral. It made it really easy to tell who was with our group.
The Starting line: our heart group got to start the whole walk! (my fam is the area with the blue balloons!
On our backs we had stickers that said: I am walking as a tribute to: BABY JAKE and then we pinned photos of Jake on our backs.
Lexi didn't want her's pinned on her back, but wanted it on her front, and upside down so she could see it!! What a goofball!!
Some of the walkers
(Tanisha, Tyler, Maddie and Carlene)
(My sister, Denise, and neice, Savanna)
(My sister, Julie and my Dad-with the straw hat!)
At the end of the walk Maddie and Lexi let go of the balloons for Jake!!
Goodbye Balloons!
Maddie walked with Grandma Dennison the whole way! They are good buddies!!
Afterwards they had lots of activities and fun things to do. The kids had a great time!
Friend Olivia, Lexi, and cousin Addie
Maddie and Cousin Savanna
Good friends, Tanisha and Coleman
Lexi and her beautiful Heart Flower
Thanks to all who came to support us and walk for our baby Jake!! Also, thanks to all who bought shirts as well!! We love you all! We have the best friends and family around! Thank you!!





12 comments:
IT was so fun we should do it again next year!!! Thanks and I owe you money still.
Thank you for getting us involved and we had a great time. The boys all want to do it next year.
What an amazing day. I wish I had known, hopefully I can do the walk next year. I Love how Lexi wanted to see the picture, why not? I am again impressed by the phenomenal family support.
What a cool event.
I just made the connection to how small the world really is... Aaron's wife, and Julie's husband, are my husbands cousins! Plus I went to high school with Tyler, he played the piano for honor choir which I was a part of.
I read all about baby Jake and I'll be donating to help make the blankies. You guys are awesome, and your blog is inspiring. I spent hours reading old posts on Sunday night. Keep it up!
Sorry I missed it - undo circumstances kept me not there. It looked like a great time and I would like to participate next year.
I owe you money also. I need some of those pictures too. D
That looks like fun. I love how Lexi pinned the picture on, what a sweetie!
How fun that you all had the balloons and the stickers with the pictures. I just love that Lexi, she does her own thing and is so cute! It is adorable that she wanted it upside down so it was rightside up for her to look at! I wish I could have been there!
i really wanted to do this walk but my brother got married on saturday so well that put a damper on things :) i thought about you and so many others. glad you did it. you are an amazing lady. just keep getting up in the morning. it is all that we can do for now. LOVES
I love that Lexi wanted her pic so she could see it! That is soo great. It really was a fun day!
Looks like a great time. Once again, wish the Quinn's could have been there. You know we would have loved it!!! Glad you had lots of friends/family!
That's awesome Liz. Looks like it was a fun day. Hope you are hanging in there and know that many are thinking of you and your sweet family. Love you guys.
Post a Comment