I know you have all been waiting, but it is OVER! Baby Jake Alan Dennison is HERE!! He was born at 5:33pm on Jan 21st weighing in at 5lb 17"long. He is super cute! (I know, totally biased, but he really is cute!)
Now might be the time to tell you all that he has a heart condition called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, basically, that means his left chamber of his heart is not developed and will require a series of surgeries. You can read more about HLHS HERE. We have known about it for quite a while, which is why we had to deliver at St. Josephs hospital, because they are one of only 2 places that can take care of his heart in the whole state, and only a handful of places in the whole US. They have found some other things, but we don't know what it all means, so we will let you know more as we get it. For now, it looks like his first surgery will take place on Tues or Wed.

These aren't the best photos, so I will try and get more as soon as I can! My sister YouTubed him coming out of the delivery room with the NICU team. As you can see, All the kids are very excited. Here is the YouTube link.
Thanks to all our friends who are praying for him! We love you all and appreciate it!
THANK YOU!





5 comments:
He is so adorable! This little guy is so lucky to be part of such an amazing family! Jake is going to be fighter I know it! All my love, luck, and prayers on surgery day! Welcome Baby Jake!!!
He is sooo super cute! You guys are so wonderful...hang in there! We'll be praying for you and baby Jake. Best Wishes!
What a cutie!! He really is so adorable! I can't wait to come see you guys! You, baby Jake, and your family are in our prayers. I agree with Leslie that he will for sure be a fighter. Happy Birthday Jake!!
yay he's here! i'm so glad everything went well! i wasnt to help any way i can with kids or anything!
He's adorable - congratulations!!! Sending some prayers your way :)
Post a Comment