Today was another quiet peaceful day, thankfully!! They didn't do anything with his Oxygen, but he did get his dressing removed and now you can see the whole scar! I thought it looked WAY better than I expected, so here it is. Sorry if it is too graphic!!
Then, they came in and took out his Foley (sp?) basically his urine catheter, and also his chest tube. That is the tube at the base of the incision that drained any extra fluid and blood after surgery!! 2 tubes down!! I told you, baby steps, and anything without excitement is GREAT!! They let him start eating breast milk, through a feeding tube in his nose! They also gave him a much more comfy blanket underneath. I was going to use a pretty one, or a nice one my mom or friends gave me, but they warned me it might get really stained or ruined, so we opted for a store bought one from my mom. They told me he would have plenty of time to use the comfy ones without ruining them!!






10 comments:
Tyler and Liz, he is so amazingly beautiful! I wish so badly that we were closer so we could come visit him and you guys. Your family amazes me with your faith and courage and hope for the future. Jake really is a miracle and he couldn't have been blessed with a better family. We love you guys and pray for you daily!
What a little trooper! (and you guys too!)
I'm so happy it was a quiet day and he is getting rid of stuff!
He sure is beautiful. I need to come up soon. I am feeling a little better, so maybe this week we will make a little trip of it! I am thinking about you guys and cute little Baby Jake. Haylee prays for him every night and then asks, "when do I get to see him?" I have to explain to her that kids have germs and that only moms and dads can see him right now. She can't wait to see him!
Jake is so strong! I'm glad today was a quiet day. We absolutely love you guys!
Hey guys! It's Dylan and Natalie from PA school. Congrats on Jake, and please know we are praying for you guys and thinking of you often. I can't imagine what you've had to go through lately. Keep the updates coming. He is such a beautiful little guy! Dylan says "Hi Turley!"
I'm so happy to hear Jake is having good days. Wonderful news!!! We hope you guys are doing ok and would love to help in anyway! Hang in there! He's such a cute little thing! Have a great day!!!
Liz!! Taryn lead me to your blog. I have been missing you! Jake is so adorable. I am sure his little blessing was amazing. I am awed at your ability to keep up with posting. Now that I know I will be praying for little Jake and your sweet family. I am glad he is making improvements. Everyone is thrilled to see the tubes come out. Best wishes for resting when you can!
Hugs. Wendy
Hi Liz. I don't know if you remember me but I found your blog through Kristy's and I've been keeping up on your cute new little one. I wish you all the best and Jake will be in my prayers.
Hey Liz.
Just heard. I will have to read up to get all the details.
Your family will be in our prayers.
He's so cute. Glad you have such a great family to support you. I will be thinking about you and checking back for updates. Hang in there.
Post a Comment