Last night was kind of crazy. Not anything terrible, thankfully, but lots of monitors kept going off, and our fabulous nurse, Maria, did not leave his side for more than 10 minutes! She warned us that post surgery, usually night time, is when they have the most difficulty regulating their stats because of all the drugs and medicine and anesthesia that might be wearing off. Needless to say, I did get some sleep, but I think it was because I was so exhausted! Luckily, after about 5am he stablized and didn't have nearly as many beeps. Otherwise, today was pretty uneventful, which is PERFECT for the hospital life! They did try to slow down how much oxygen he was getting, but he didn't tolerate it very well, so they put him back on it. They will try and ween him off over the next couple days, so he can get his breathing tube out!!
BEWARE-the following pictures might be hard to look at, so don't worry if you don't want to look at them! As you can see, he was pretty swollen from the surgery's, and still pretty sedated as well. He still has all of his monitors and tubes that he had from yesterday. Baby steps, literally!! :)
I love how the nurses try to use the beanie baby to keep him comfy, or to prop up the breathing tube, or just to let him snuggle with! It's really sweet.





1 comments:
The nurses in the NICU really are the best. I love the use of the beanie baby so precious. I feel for the little guy with so many tubes, but he looks so peaceful and sweet with his little arm up next to his face. Hang in there! Love, Wendy
Post a Comment