Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 10-Fun!

We had a quiet morning, with not much happening! Tyler and I decided we needed to spend some time with our other kiddos so my mom came and "babysat" Jake. We had LOTS of fun taking the kids to Rainforest Cafe,

Costco, then to Build-A-Bear. They had so much fun picking out their animals that they stuffed and dressed, then we decided to make one for Jake, complete with Cardinals outfit! It was so cute! We each kissed a heart and put it in the bear and named it Amazing Jake! I don't have pictures of the kids bears/animals, so I will have to get that posted.
The kids also picked out beanie babies so that the nurses could use them to prop up Jake, or prop up his ventilator.
Here's Jake checking out his Cardinals bear! He is ready for the game tomorrow!!
Go Cardinals!!

All of his animals and bears! His bed is FULL! :)

While we were gone they took out his umbilical line! Yeah!! One more tube gone! They also started feeding him breast milk through the tube in his nose, at 1cc/hr, and he was tolerating it well! at 10cc/hr I can start bottle feeding him!! Yeah!!

I don't know if I posted this already, but they got the results back of the chromosome testing and it was all negative, which we suspected since the amniocentesis came back negative as well. They are sending out for a micro test as well as more testing for some rare genetic syndromes as well.

2 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Well now I feel dumb for giving him another beanie baby. That kid is stocked! Well at least his is a collectable I guess.

Anonymous said...

Way to take the kids out and have a wonderful family day. Build a bear is awesome. Love the Cardinals bear, so sweet. I am glad he is doing so great after his surgery.