Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Potty Time!

We decided it was time to start potty training Lexi. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of it all, but she is READY! So, Sat. she picked out Ariel and "Pinkybell" panties and we talked all about it. Monday morning we got her up, took off her diapers, and started giving her LOTS of juice!! I set the time for every 10 minutes and the 3rd time we put her on the potty she Peed! She LOVED getting a sucker as her treat! It was also great to have a fun fanclub that cheered her on! She also got to call Grandma Treats and tell her the good news. She was still eating her sucker when the 10 minutes were up, so we went back to the potty and she pee'd again! Again, she got a sucker (one in each hand). She is pretty smart and must have great control because 10 minutes later she pee'd again! And, of course, expected another sucker! I only had 5 suckers, so we started using Jelly Belly's-not as messy, and they don't take as long to eat!
Needless to say, she only had 2 accidents that day (one she pee'd through her panties into the potty-she couldn't get them off in time).

Yesterday was day 2. She did GREAT in the morning. In fact, I went in to get a pull-up on her so we could take the kids to school and I found her on the potty, pants down, pooping!! YEAHHHH!!!!! This was the hardest part for both twins, so I am very excited it is so easy for Lexi. She got a Pinkybell toy and we also moved her onto the big potty.
I'm sure I will keep you all posted on our Potty Party!! Today isn't going as well, but I think I just need to keep on top of things. I will let you know!



8 comments:

Shelley said...

Hurray, Lexi!! That's such a huge step! Good job :)

And, Liz... you know she's going to die when you pull these pictures out to show her friends later in life!!

Gardner Family said...

Amen Shelley on the picture part.

Donelle said...

Good job Lexi! Liz, I know how much you hate to potty train so good job to YOU too! You are just the best mom. Those kidos are lucky to have you!
p.s. I miss you and being a part of your everyday life :)

Hil said...

Yeah...I am SO not looking forward to the day of twin potty training, but just know that I will be coming to you for some guidance! =) Great, now Lexi really isn't a cute little baby anymore, she's a cute little girl. Doesn't this mean, that you need to get another baby on the way?! =)

Sarah said...

I am not looking forward to potty training again. Good luck I hope things continue to go well.

Kenyon said...

Only a Mom can appreciate that accomplishment, and an accomplishment it is! YEAHH!

weaverfam said...

Way to go Lexie. We've been having good luck with it this week too. But not with the poop thing yet:)

Bella Beginnings said...

Good worker Liz! No diapers for your house. I am jealous. Nice job on Lexi's part as well.