This past Saturday was Ethan's run!! We had SO much fun, and so many amazing people came out to run for such a GREAT cause! This was my first 10k, and let me tell you, it was kind of hard! I wanted to quit at mile 2, but I think that was because I knew that mile 2-3 1/2 was a pretty big hill that I had to go up. YUCK!! :) But, my good friend, Shelley, helped me through and we DID IT! Luckily, the weather held off until 10:30 (after the awards were given out) and then it RAINED!! The morning was beautiful, though, so the run went pretty well. It was really fun!!
I loved afterwards getting to meet LOTS of new heart moms. Actually, I felt like I already knew most of them because I read their blogs, but it was great to actually meet them in person!!
Here are TON of photos!
Here is my Mom. She made cotton candy to sell. SO FUN!! Thanks, Mom!

Here is Shelley and I before the race. We look pretty excited, huh?? See the mountain behind us? We ran behind it and up a mountain behind it. IT was HUGE!!

These are SOME of my friends that came. They did the 1mile fun run, then they cheered us on the last little bit and helped us finish! The red and white balloons was the finish line. Thanks, everyone for coming! You guys are the BEST!

I loved afterwards getting to meet LOTS of new heart moms. Actually, I felt like I already knew most of them because I read their blogs, but it was great to actually meet them in person!!
Here are TON of photos!
Here is my Mom. She made cotton candy to sell. SO FUN!! Thanks, Mom!
Here is Shelley and I before the race. We look pretty excited, huh?? See the mountain behind us? We ran behind it and up a mountain behind it. IT was HUGE!!
These are SOME of my friends that came. They did the 1mile fun run, then they cheered us on the last little bit and helped us finish! The red and white balloons was the finish line. Thanks, everyone for coming! You guys are the BEST!
Here is Shelley (at the front with a determined look on her face) and me (Bright blue pants) sprinting to the end. We were so glad it was OVER!!
This is my cousin, Sheryl. She came to do the race and finised SO WELL! She was 4th in her division! She also proudly wore Jakey pictures on her back! Thanks, Sheryl for coming.
Here are more of my friends:
Me, Shelley, Debbie (10k), Donelle, and Chrissy
Here is the awards ceremony. I loved how Heidi had all of the heart kids, or siblings of heart kids come up. SO CUTE!! Made me cry...
Here is Heidi A, Me, and Heidi S.
THis was one of the moms I had never met. This is Owens mom. Heidi and I felt like she and Owen are celebrities! Haha! We did get to meet Owen as well. I wanted to kiss him, but I don't know how he or his mom would have felt about that! :) Thanks for meeting us, Andrea! (by the way, the blanket she is holding will be one of the jakey's blankies for this year! It is a dalmation print with red on the back! SO CUTE!! Owen doesn't go to St. Joes, but he definitely deserves one!!)
Me and my sisters, Denise and Julie. De stayed back to take care of the kids and did the 1 mile (SHe is 4 1/2 months pregnant) and Julie did the 10k with me!
Heidi, Nicole (one of our favorite nurses, and GREAT friend) and me.
THis is Melody, Scarlett's mom. I finally got to meet Scarlett in person. She is absolutely adorable!! (My Lexi is in front of us. She was ready to go because it was getting COLD!!)





5 comments:
Hey, Liz-
It's Marilee! I'm your biggest fan/blog stalker. I love seeing little snippets of your life. We are living in SLC, but we are coming to AZ for a visit the first week in April. I want to visit you guys! Glad to see all is well with you!
Glad that the weather stayed off for the run. It looked like a great turn out. (that mountain in the picture...I can see that mountain from my backyard!!) :)
I am so proud of you Liz!! I so wish that I had my finances in better order so I could have come down! I'm really sorry about not making it down! I did jog the trail here to psuedo participate!That hill is amazing and kudos for you all for getting over it! Kind of symbolic eh! I will do it next year for sure! I'll save money now and give it to you to hold on to lol! Go amazing heart moms and friends that help you all along your journey!!
You guys did so great! I'm so proud of you!!!! Thanks for sending me the pictures. I can't believe I forgot my camera. I'm already excited for next year. I plan to be able to run like a human next year, so I'll be right there with you every step of the way.
You guys did great, maybe next year I will be up for a more challening run (or maybe not). We were so glad to participate and support such a great cause:)
Post a Comment