2 weeks ago was Payton's FIRST Pinewood Derby!! He and Tyler (mostly Tyler) worked SO hard on his car!
They had a plan, Tyler researched ALL about the cars, and the best way to add the weight, then started making it. It took over a week, and boy, did they do a GREAT job!!
This was Tyler's "Emergency" kit that we took to the Derby, in case something happened to the car. I LOVE it!
Payton is so proud of his car!
And, it met the weight PERFECTLY!! 5.0 oz is all that it can weigh. GREAT JOB!!
He raced about 5 times and took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in different races. There are 43 scouts that raced (yes, that is only our ward). It was a LOOOOOONG night! He didn't win overall, but he did get the award for 'Out of this World" car!!
They have already started planning for next year! How cute! Great job, guys!!
This was Tyler's "Emergency" kit that we took to the Derby, in case something happened to the car. I LOVE it!
Last weekend, Lexi and Maddie were in the Ostrich Festival Parade with their dance group, Dance Addiction. They had to get up early and be at the parade 2 hours before it started! They practiced and got ready, and we saw Sherriff Joe Arpaio! (He isn't my favorite guy anymore, but, Hey, it was fun to get a picture)
but got a little tired, and by the time the parade began, Lexi looked
like this on the float.
This is what Maddie was doing behind her....
Then Lexi layed down...
Then Lexi closed her eyes and fell asleep.
Yes, Lexi slept through most of the parade...it was quite funny, and all of the people watching the parade thought she was SOOO Funny! I was SOOOO Embarrassed, but I guess that is part of being a mom!! THen, all I could do was laugh as well. Who falls asleep during a parade...When you are IN the parade!!! What a goofball!!
After the parade, we went to my sister, Julie's house. Her Shetland pony had a baby!! Look how small it is!! The Mom is standing behind Lexi, so you can see that she isn't very big either!!
This is Maddie, Addie, Julie and Lexi. The pony doesn't have a name...yet, but she sure is cute!!





10 comments:
I LOVE that lexi fell asleep!!! that is so funny!! and wow that emergency kit is quiet fancy!! way to go tyler and Payton!
I also love that she fell asleep on the float! That is too funny! And what a great job on the pinewood derby car! It looks great!!
Ok first.. Sooo jealous you're having parades! Could you stop posting about parades in the winter please :) Second, She fell asleep?? Ha ha classic! And Third, Have you guys seen Down and Derby?? If not, go rent it SOON! You will laugh your butts off, especially since you just had a pinewood derby!
Who falls asleep while riding in a parade??? I admit I wish I was asleep watching some of them but riding in it??? That is hilarious!!!
ok lexi is killing me!!! lol... so funny!!!! and payton's car is awesome!! Pinewood derby always made me wish i was in boy scouts
Way to go Payton! That really is a sweet lookin car! Lexi is so awesome! I love it! "what fellow parade watchers? You want me to smile and wave? No,no,no I'm taking a nap! Deal with it!" That's what I think she was thinking anyway! Love her! Maddie is just turning into a little lady I can't believe it!
Lexi is so cute, that is super funny that she fell asleep on the float! I am glad you got pictures to document that, it makes the post!!
I just laughed so hard reading this. I would have been super embarassed too, but how can you help not to laugh. Sweet girl :)
Is that Tyler's game face (for the pinewood derby??!!??)! I laughed so hard when I saw the pic of Lexi. I saw your Dad last weekend and he told me the story but the pics make it even better!!!
how cute that Lexi fell asleep! your kids are adorable! i didn't know they danced with Tracy!
Post a Comment