2 Nephi 1:21 "And now that my soul might have joy in you, and that my heart might leave this world with gladness because of you, that I might not be brought down with grief and sorrow to the grave, arise from the dust, my sons, and be men, and be determined in one mind and in one heart, united in all things, that ye may not come down into captivity;"
I cried!! Now, for those of you who don't know, Nephi is out of the Book of Mormon.
It is something we, as LDS members, believe in, but it is to supplement the Bible, not to replace it. I'm not going to get preachy, just letting you know that this book has brought me enormous peace and comfort this past year. Originally Tyler looked up 4th Nephi 1:21, because Jake is our 4th child, but it didn't say anything, and he realized he is our 2nd son, so that was when he looked up 2nd Nephi 1:21. It was like Jake was speaking directly to us, for just a brief moment. It brought me such a warm and wonderful feeling. I know some people may be skeptical, and that is fine, but what matters is that I believe Heavenly Father gave me just a little piece of Jake, and let me know Jake is with us.
It is something we, as LDS members, believe in, but it is to supplement the Bible, not to replace it. I'm not going to get preachy, just letting you know that this book has brought me enormous peace and comfort this past year. Originally Tyler looked up 4th Nephi 1:21, because Jake is our 4th child, but it didn't say anything, and he realized he is our 2nd son, so that was when he looked up 2nd Nephi 1:21. It was like Jake was speaking directly to us, for just a brief moment. It brought me such a warm and wonderful feeling. I know some people may be skeptical, and that is fine, but what matters is that I believe Heavenly Father gave me just a little piece of Jake, and let me know Jake is with us. On another note, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to EVERYBODY!! I am ordering material for Jakey's Blankies, and I have a TON of material to order! I think I will have more blankets than last year!! What a HUGE miracle and blessing!! So, to all of you that donated, THANK YOU! And, to all of you that posted Jakey's blankies on your blogs, THANK YOU!! Please, tell everyone thank you very much!! I am overwhelmed at the amazing response. I will post pictures of all of the material, and once we are done making them!! Wow, it was a huge blessing. You are all amazing and sooooo supportive! THANK YOU!!!





9 comments:
that is so neat! yay for jakey's blankies too!
Wow I have chills! That is so neat. I really need a jakey blankie??
After reading your blog and many of Gavin's angel's blogs you have given me the courage to start my blog. Your last post about the scripture brought tears to my eyes. Thank you again.
I miss his face. I love this post and I love it even more because Tyler found it. I am so glad you got such support for Jakey's blankies. The families absolutely love them and it is such a wonderful gift. I would love to help make them when you get all the material. Let me know when you are doing it :)
I'm so glad Tyler found that scripture. What a sweet blessing and gift to you guys that Jake is yours forever!!! I know that Jake watches over you guys and loves you very much.
I hope I am on the list to call for the sewing party!!!
wow that is such a neat experience for you guys! i never think things like that just happen out of coincidence, i really think that was Jakey talking to you guys, how cool!
That is just awesome! What a perfect scripture! It's amazing how the scriptures help often in the most unexpected ways! That is also great to hear about Jakey's Blankies!
That is so neat! I love it.
that is so awesome liz
Post a Comment