Wednesday, February 17, 2010

January Catch-up!

Hi everyone,
I really need to update. Based on my blog, it seems like I have been sad for more than a week! Sorry!! I haven't been sad, at least, not consistently!! I will post some "happy" blog posts now. :) Just an update; last Tuesday was pretty good. Tyler and I went to the Temple, then I took the kids to the cemetary and we let off balloons, , cleaned off Jake's grave, visited some other heart baby graves, Grandpa Dennison's grave, and my grandparents graves, and then we had dinner, scouts, and bed and I went running. Kind of like a normal day, but I didn't cry, which was a pleasant surprise. Thank you to everyone who sent cards, texts, e-mails, phone calls, gifts (thanks, Heidi) and the beautiful flowers that were delivered (Thank you Netso, Skylee and Sunnee)! Everyone was so sweet and really made me feel loved. Thank you!! Thank you!!
I have lots to update on, so good luck following along!! :)

We had a fun birthday party for Jake on Jan 23rd. Maddie and Payton and Lexi set our couch up with all of Jakey's books. Soo cute! So many great friends and family came. We had crafts for the kids, an amazing birthday cake (thanks Tanisha!) and great food! Thank you so much to everyone that came. We felt SO loved!
For Christmas, we got the kids plane tickets to Disneyland, so on Jan 25-26th we Flew over to Disneyland for 2 days, then flew back! It was the kids first time on a plane, and we had a BLAST!!

Disneyland was SO SLOW, and even though it rained the second half of the last day, we had a SO MUCH FUN!!! Our longest wait was 10 minutes (on Indiana Jones, and that was because it takes 10minutes to actually get ON the ride!) We got to meet Mickey (we walked right up to him, because it was so slow), Minnie, Tinkerbell (again, no wait), Goofy played "follow the leader" with the kids and Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen stopped to chit chat with the kids! WOW!!
We, of course, saw Jakey's stone. Hi Jake!

It was cute, because when we flew out, the kids made sure to "buckle" up their animals. So cute!
Well, that is my January Update. Hope you made it to the end! Sorry, it was long! I will post more about Feb VERY soon, so check back! :)

2 comments:

Netso said...

So glad the day went well. I want to go to Disneyland! I'm so jealous!! But so happy you had fun :)

Portraits by Robin Lee said...

Wow! What a sweet way to celebrate his birthday. Sounds like you have been blessed with some amazing friends. I'm so glad. And how cool is that to have your own Brick for Jake. We are definitly going to find it next time we go to Disneyland. I'm glad you guys had a fun trip.