Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Moon



Yes, I am a BIG old dork, and I love the books. I also didn't hate Twilight. (I know, you are all saying...BOOOOOOOO) I know it wasn't the best, but it was pretty close to the book, which I liked. Well, New Moon came out Friday at 12am, but we got tickets to an EARLY showing!! And, it had assigned seats, so no waiting in some long line!! We got to see it at 9pm on Thursday night, so we decided to make a night of it! We went to Olive Garden first,
then to the theater
where we walked past all of the poor souls waiting for the midnight showing and right to our seats.

They then did a raffle (Alene won the Twilight Trivia game! woohoo), then four VERY official looking men in suits announced that since this was a special preview, if he saw ANY cell phones or cameras out or on, we would be escorted from the building immediately. No excuses!! Those official looking men stood during the whole movie watching all of us women to make sure we weren't recording the movie, or even the music! Then, they were watching until we left as well!! WOW!! Never had that before!
Now, how I felt about New Moon. I thought it was MUCH better than the first movie, but similar to the book, kind of slow. The first time I read New Moon I flew through the "Jacob" parts to find out what happens with Edward. I have always been a Bella with Edward fan. I re-read the book about 2 weeks ago, and I must say, after re-reading the book and watching the new movie, I am now a Bella with Jacob fan (It helps that Taylor Lautner is SO dang hot with that 8-pack!!) I just really like how he makes her happy and is her sunshine. Anyways, that is my 2 cents. I really enjoyed it, and I would go see it again. It was fun being in a big theater with TONS of fans (and teenagers!) Thanks for the memories, gals!

4 comments:

Mindi D said...

I would have to agree with every word you said.. to the letter! Especially the part about the HOTness of Jacob :)

Netso said...

we liked it too. I still think Edward was not casted right and is a horrible actor but that's just me... I LOVED Jacob, and i didn't in the books!!. But YOU look darling. So much fun.

dezertgirlaz said...

I'm so sad I had school that night! Glad you ladies had fun! I didn't know Alene won a prize yay her! I have been team Jacob and I have to say I liked this one too! I am glad it was a little cheesy like the first one, it wouldn't be the same or half as good if it wasn't!

Melodie said...

I'm a fan too! I haven't read the books, but I saw the Twilight/New Moon double feature that Thursday night at 9 and midnight (premiere). I am totally Team Edward. :)