Sunday, November 8, 2009

I DID IT!!!

3 months of running, biking, and learning to swim.........and it all came up yesterday!! I did the Casa Grande Triathlon. I have never done ANY race, even a small 5k, but some of my friends (and sisters) were doing this, and I thought, what better way to get into shape! So, I DID IT!! It was an amazing experience. It is a sprint, so it is a 400m swim, 10.3 mile bike and 3 mile run. I have done the whole thing a few times, but Yesterday was a WHOLE different experience. Let's start with the swim. I am the one in the blue cap. We have been training with a 25m pool and this one was 50m. I didn't think it would make a difference, but boy, I was tired near the end! My goggles were fogged up and TONS of people were in the pool I could barely pull myself out! Then, I had to run to my bike! I thought I was going to fall over! Haha! That transition went pretty well, and I was off on my bike. I am SO glad my cousin let me borrow his rode bike! HUGE difference. The biking went pretty smoothly, and then it was time for the run. My amazing sister, Denise, met me in the transition area (She did the duathlon and was already done) and grabbed my bike and gave me water. Then she ran 1/2 a mile with me giving me pointers. The run was pretty crazy. Your legs feel like Jello, and after the fast bike, you feel like you are going SO SLOW!! It was all I could do to NOT walk, but I had told myself I would NOT walk, and I didn't! My sister joined me the last 1/2 mile and talked me through it, and made me go faster. (thanks, De-you are a LIFESAVER!!) It was GREAT! It was so fun to come in at the finish line Tyler and the kids were there and Maddie and Payton came and ran the last little bit, through the finish line. WOW, what a RUSH!!!
It was exciting to see so many fun people, and LOTS of people I knew!
Here is my family. Lexi wasn't happy cause she didn't get to come run with me. Oh well! :)
This is my training buddy, SHelley. I think there was only 2-3 days in the past 3 months that we didn't work out together! Thanks for doing it with me, Shelley! Everyone that crossed the finish line got a medal, and I wore mine all day! I thought about wearing it to church, but it didn't really match. :)
Here is Me, Denise and Julie. De actually got 1st place in her age division for the duathlon! GREAT JOB, De!
I had LOTS of cousins that did it. Here are 2 of them. There were about 4 more!
Here is some of the gals from my ward that did it. We worked out quite a bit together. Great job, Girls!!
Here is my NEW watch Tyler suprised me with, the morning of the triathlon. Isn't it CUTE! It was perfect. Here is my time. The official time actually said 1:31:29, which makes sense because I started my watch 10 seconds early and ended a couple seconds late! I was happy with my time. Here is a link to ALL of the times, at least for the women! I'm so glad I did this. It was a great goal. So, now I can pretty much do anything, because I'm a triathlete! :)

14 comments:

Kristy F. said...

Congratulations!! That is a BIG accomplishment and am proud of you. Way to go! (a little jealous - I can't even fathom doing something like that) :)

Julz said...

I am so so proud of you guys! (and jelous that I missed it!) Good Job!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! WOW!

Shelley said...

Woo Hoo, Liz!! You did so great! Thank you so much for training with me. I couldn't have done this without you! What a great experience!!

Denise said...

Liz, I am so proud of you. You did awesome and it was so fun to share this experience with you. You inspired me to do it. Thanks for that. You are the best. D

Mindi D said...

YOU GO GIRL!! I'm so proud of you, that is awesome!

Greg and Heidi said...

Wow- Impressive. My sis n laws have talked me in to the Ragnar Run. Um, lets just say I am working on it! This news will help inspire me.
Thx Girl!

Angela said...

Way to go girl!!!! I am so super proud of you. I saw your Mom and Dad and Sister at the Temple on Saturday.

Donelle said...

Yes, you can do pretty much anything 4sure!! So glad you had a fun time and did awesome:)

Judy Wolferts said...

What a huge accomplishment! Congratulations.

Bella Beginnings said...

yeah for the triathalon... You did great and I am so impressed with your dedication and training! seriously that was so fun. I am happy that I decided to do it and Denise too. She saved me in the transition area too!

Melodie said...

You are amazing!! Congrats on such an awesome accomplishment. You look great! :)

dezertgirlaz said...

Yes you did do it! Big congrats to you! Big high five to you!!

Netso said...

go Liz, go Liz, go,go,go Liz!!!!!