After my triathlon my kiddos all asked when they could run in a race. Well, Gilbert does an annual 1 mile Fun Run and a 5k, so I signed me and the kids up for the fun run! I figured it would be fun and the kids could do it. I had my neice, Grace, and had her in a stroller. I figured it would be great. Here are the kids with their numbers
here they are, waiting for it to begin
All of the kids started out strong. Maddie and Payton took off with the crowd and I stayed back a bit with the stroller.
At the first turn (about 15 yards into the race) Lexi informed me she was tired and didn't want to run anymore. (GREAT!). So, I had her on the stroller with Grace. We made it about 1/4 mile and saw runners coming back on the opposite side of the road, so we went on that side and waited for Maddie and Payton to pass. Here they are!
Instead of running the whole way, I just ran back to the finish line from there. Yes, I am a cheater, but I figured Lexi wasn't going to run, and it would take me FOREVER to push Lexi and Grace on that small stroller.
About 15 yards from the end, and with the finish line in sight, Lexi ran the rest of the way. She looks super cute. Too bad she only ran 30 yards of it! Haha! We all got ribbons and goodies at the end and Maddie and Payton can't wait for another one! Next time, I want to do the 5k instead! :)





2 comments:
Go Team Dennison! I have to admit my favorite thing about races is getting the number I feel so official LOL! Fun stuff!
I love that Lexi ran only 30 yards... fun times. Sad that your leg has been hurting!
Post a Comment