Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I know it has been a while since I have posted, and I have TONS to post about, but I am going to focus on today for now, and catch up later!
For all your gals out there, Happy Mother's Day! And, I mean that to EVERY gal, whether you have children or NOT! There are plenty of women in my life that don't have any children, yet, but they are Mother's to my children, and I have to say Thank you to them! So, THANKS!
Today was a GREAT day! It actually started last night when we got home and Tyler bathed the girlies (even washing their hair and then picking it out!) and got them into bed, while I ate a DELICIOUS French Silk Pie! YUMMY!!
We went to church this morning, which was very nice, then Tyler and the kids gave me this:
Yes, this is a REAL Cuckoo Clock!! It is made in Germany, and has no electricity, and you have to wind it up every day!! It is made of beautiful black forest wood and the carving is so ornate! It has a real cuckoo bird that pops out every 1/2 hour and cute little dancers that dance with a cute little song! I LOVE it!! And, I had NO idea!Tyler is so amazing and thinks of the most creative gifts!! I love it! (Any great, creative suggestions for Father's day??)
We then had a delicious dinner picnic style on our family room floor! It was really fun and different. The kids loved it and NO one spilled! :) The kids also made me really fun cards and "coupon books." I will definitely be using them! :)
I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to my Mom!! She is amazing! There are 10 kids (5 boys 5 girls) in my family, 8 of us are married (and my baby bro, Nate is getting married this summer). There are 22 grand kids and 2 more due in Aug! My mom is the BEST ever! She was the kind of Mom that all of the other kids wanted to come on the school field trip because she was sooooo cool! All of our friends wanted to hang out at our tiny crowded house because my Mom welcomed everyone and took care of everyone! Everyone was treated like family and there was always plenty of food. My Mom is always willing and happy to serve anyone in need. She LOVES her kids and adores her grand kids. I love how happy she always is, and helps me remember that the reason I have such great memories growing up is because she was SO involved with us. She wasn't afraid to get dirty and play with us. I love her sooo much and hope that I can be 1/2 the Mom she is! Thank you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!! I love you!!
And, Happy Mother's Day to All the Moms and women out there!!
Thank you to Maddie, Payton, Lexi and Jake for making me a Mom! I love you! You are the best kiddos in the world!

1 comments:

Donelle said...

Love, love your mom! She is amazing...just like YOU!