Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements

Well, last night our sleeping arrangements were slightly altered! We put the kids to bed about 8:30. Maddie and Payton were pretty good about going to sleep by about 8:45. Lexi, on the other hand, had a tougher time! She first started by trying to talk to Maddie, and when Maddie wouldn't respond she started saying she needed to go Potty. By about the 10th time (and around 10pm) she went into the bathroom to go potty, I told her this was the last time, and if she got out of bed again, she would sleep in the bathroom. Within 5 minutes, she was back in the bathroom, pull-up off, playing with the door, so I gathered her pillow and blankie and closed her in the bathroom (with the light on). She screamed, cried, begged, promised to "be a good girl," and yelled, anything she could think of, until finally, around 11:30 she FINALLY fell alseep, on the ground. Around midnight I carried her into bed, and she woke up a bit, and said, "I sleep in my bed?" and I said, "yes," to which she sweetly replied, "Oh, thank you! I be good girl." and went to sleep. I felt kind of bad, but tonight it only took one threat of sleeping in the bathroom, and she went to bed! Hopefully, she can continue sleeping in her bed, and not the bathroom!! So, here she is in her temporary "bed"

9 comments:

Angela said...

The joys of parenthood!!! ;)

Donelle said...

Good for you for being a tought mom! I'm sure it will pay off.

Bella Beginnings said...

This is so funny!

Gardner Family said...

Poor baby. At least you got her back to her bed.

Jessica said...

Ya know - sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do... I know that super-long, silent timeouts have a beneficial effect on my daughter when she thinks she can get away with things that she really can't. I hope Lexi keeps sleeping in her bed now :)

Kenyon said...

That is seriously hilarious! It makes me laugh. It is so hard to do those things, but it WORKS! I love how she said, "thank-you, I be good girl". Ha ha!

Unknown said...

I applaud you Liz!!! Too many people are too soft these days. I say, the tougher the better (within reason). It will pay off in the long run.

Kristy F. said...

Too funny - too cute. Ahh, the joys of parenthood huh?! :)

debbie said...

I love it! Kids need little reminders every now and then! :)