I can't believe school has already begun! I wonder where the summer went, if I made enough memories with my kids, and if I am ready to let them go back to school. I decided I am ready, but I hope they are ready, and I hope I am really ready!
Lexi had her first day of school on Aug 4th. She attended a school called ALA. They had a 1/2 day Kindergarten and a lot of the kids in our neighborhood attend there. Here she is on her first day. You could tell she was nervous because she kept asking about her first day, or also made cute comments like, "did you know you have to know how to snap to go to Kindergarten? Well, I can, so I can go to Kindergarten." I love this little girl!
She had to have a picture of her super cute backpack!! Way to pose!!
Here she is on her way home from her first day of school. Still smiling!!
The only problem with ALA is that Maddie and Payton weren't going there, and they weren't starting school for another week. You see, Maddie and Payton go to Franklin. That is my school of choice for all my kiddos. The only problem is that Franklin won't take anyone with a birthday after Aug. 31, unless there are still spots available on the first day of school. Since we didn't know if there would be spots, I had to start her at the other school. The first day went well. The 2-5 day were hard because Maddie and Payton were at home playing. Who wants to go to school while there siblings are at home playing?!?! Definitely NOT Lexi! I hated having to take her and seeing her cry while I dropped her off! It broke my heart!
Maddie and Payton had their first day of School on Aug 11th. Check out these cute pics!
My Cutie Patooties!
The Day before Maddie and Payton's first day of school, Franklin called!! YEAHH!!!! BUT, Lexi couldn't start the first day because the Principal and the Kindergarten teacher wanted to meet with us on the 2nd day!! :( It was great news, but we still had to wait, so Lexi went to ALA while Maddie and Payton went to Franklin. She was SAAAD!!! :(
The next morning, Lexi and I went to the school VERY early and I met with the Principal while Lexi went in with the Kindergarten teacher. (I love the Kindergarten teacher! She is SO sweet!) 20 minutes later we went in to check on them and the teacher said Lexi did GREAT and she thought she would do REALLY well at Kindergarten, even though she is a little young!! YEAH!!!! Lexi acted really shy, but as soon as we walked out she wanted to go find M & P and "tell them the good news!" She loved it!! So, here she is on her 2nd first day of school!!
Check out that SMILE!! :)
And, the GREAT news is that her BFF Carson is in her class!! Here are the buddies on the first day of school TOGETHER!!
Here is her class lining up. You can see her because she has the pink shirt and LONG hair! Look how grown-up she looks!!
I now have 2 1/2 hours every afternoon to do.....I don't know!! My sis called and said, "so, is your house so super clean??" Well, in theory, that is what should happen...but it hasn't! :) Maybe sometime in the future!
So, that is the story about our first day of school....our first day of school....and our FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! We are now settled! And, most importantly, Lexi is loving going to school! :)





1 comments:
This post made me smile! Lexi is so super duper cute! We really need to get the kids together, soon! Travis is loving kindergarten too! :o)
Post a Comment