We had SO much fun making jakey's blankies!! It started 3 weeks ago when we cut the fabric-110 yards of it!! YIKES!! That was A LOT of minky!! We did it at Kelly's house and because minky was flying everywhere, we wore masks!! Don't we look GREAT!
May 7th we had the big pinning and sewing day at the church building! THANK YOU so much to everyone who was able to come and help! We had LOTS of fun and the blankets turned out GREAT!!
Here is the first boy blanket to be done! Thanks, Kim!!
Here is the first girl blankey done! Way to go, Mom!!
We got 80, yes 80 blankets completed and ready to be delivered! I'm so excited!! This isn't even all of them! Just some of them! They are all packed in boxes and wrapped in ribbon!! So fun!!
I will be delivering them next week. I can hardly wait. I'm sure Jake was so happy and I know he was there with us! Thank you again to ALL who have donated and who came to help. You can still purchase these adorable blankies as gifts if you go to Kelly's blog. Just e-mail her and she might give you a deal!
THANK YOU THANK YOU to all!! You are amazing friends to come and help me do this for my Jake! Thanks!!





9 comments:
It was a joy and a pleasure. Anything for Jake, he, afterall, is our future son in law! :)
I wish so much we lived closer. We would've all been there for sure!! 80 is impressive!! You will be blessed for doing this, i wish i could be there to see the happy faces of those receiving the blankies, it will be memorable for sure! Good job. You continue to inspire me! (and others i'm sure!)
Liz-from the bottom of my heart...Thank You. You are an amazing mommy and you are yet again putting others before yourself. HLHS is, as you know, near and dear to my family as well seeing as how my nephew stayed in the same NICU at St. Joe's as Baby Jake. My heart goes out to any family who has to visit their baby in one of the heart rooms...however, receiving a beautiful Jakey's Blankie will make THAT day that much more bearable. You never cease to amaze me.
Wow! 80 blankets!! That is amazing!! They look so cute! I wish I could have been there to help!
The blankets look good! Way to go everyone involved! You know I am craft challenged but am totally with you in spirit and cheerleading support on these! 80 blankies! Fabulous!
The blankets look good! Way to go everyone involved! You know I am craft challenged but am totally with you in spirit and cheerleading support on these! 80 blankies! Fabulous!
WOW!!!! Good job!! 80 is huge!!! I would have given anything to be there to help out... and the day you deliver will be AWESOME!!! I'm sure Jake is sooo proud of his mom :) way to go girl!!! Love ya, Netso
Gosh, another thing that I am missing out on. Know that I am there in spirit. I know that Jake is so excited about these blankets.
Those blankets are darling! I wish I had one for myself! What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure your Jakey is so proud to have you as a mother!
Post a Comment