Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amazing Friends!!

I know I am always bragging about my friends, but they truly are amazing!! So, here is another post about them!! About a month after Jake passed away I got a big envelope in the mail from Disneyland. Upon opening it I found this:


Along with a letter saying I had been given a gift of a brick at Disneyland from my friends! I sat and cried! I couldn't believe it! Everyone that knows us knows that we LOVE Disneyland and now Jake will be a part of it and we can go visit it anytime we are there!
Then, last week I got a package in the mail with this:
It is a replica of what Jakey's brick will look like!! Of course, his will be the red brick, but, I LOVE it!! It will be put in around August, so we will be able to see it in October when we go again! Any of you can see it too, when you go!!
Tyler and the kids loved it too! This just brings tears to my eyes even now!
Thank you to ALL of my friends that put this together! I love it. It was so thoughtful and meaningful to us. I truly am blessed with so many friends that genuinely love and care for me and my family! Thank you, ALL!! I love, love, love you!

8 comments:

Beth said...

What a sweet idea. I hope we can make it to Disneyland someday to see it!!

Heidi Ann said...

Sniff, sniff. I think you have amazing friends because YOU are an amazing friend. You have been wonderful to my family and I and I love, love, love you! I'm glad I have you, you often save me!

Bella Beginnings said...

what a sweet gift!!! only appropriate!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog from another heart friend's blog. My daughter was born with a Double Inlet Left Ventricle Heart. We are currently in the PCTICU recovering from her 2nd surgery. We just received your adorable zebra print Jakey's Blankey!!! Our daughter is sleeping on it now. It's so cozy! We love it! It absolutely made our day! Thank you SOOO much!

Wendy Daw said...

What a beautiful and special gift. I love the one they sent you! Sweet comment from a mother who received one of your amazing blankets.

Mindi D said...

That comment up above is exactly why you did the blankies! You've made so many people happy with those. And that is also why you get these sweet gifts in return. I love the brick, it will be so fun to go see it, we may be going in October too! Depending on Libbi of course but I want to go for Halloween and Koys bday!

Netso said...

That is precious. A perfect place for a perfect little angel's memorial.
Love you and miss you...Netso

Donelle said...

I can't wait to get to Disneyland and take pictures next to it. What a special boy with his very own part of Disneyland. So cool!