Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday...

Happy Birthday, Baby Jakey!!
(5 hours old!)
(I remember when this photo was taken. You were 12 days old. You had just had surgery 5 days earlier. I wasn't able to hold you after your surgery. Finally, after 5 days, you were extubated and my amazing nurse, Nicole, let me hold you. I held you for 2 hours. I felt like such a normal mom!! I rocked you, sang to you, talked to you, and I even talked on the phone and watched TV! Almost felt like a normal newborn....except for all the tubes. I was in pure heaven. It was one of those tender mercies...because 1 day later was that fateful day that everything went terribly wrong in the cath lab. I'm not going to dwell  on that. I want to remember the amazing 2 hours we spent together. Just me and you. All your stats were GREAT. I wished I could climb in your bed and hold you all night long.
Thanks for those 2 hours, buddy.)
I love you and miss you!!
Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Miss you buddy. Thank you for making me a better nurse. Thank you for reminding me how to live in the moment. Thank you for reminding me to cherish every moment with my children.

Andrea Gunnell said...

I love that first picture of you and Jake. It's so precious with his little hand holding your finger and the smile on your face!
Happy Birthday Jakey!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jake!!

The Van Fam said...

Liz you and Jake are such an inspiration to me. When I read your posts about him it makes me realize what is truly important in this life. What a wonderful day it will be when you get to have and hold him again! Happy Birthday Jake!

eyelid plastic surgery los angeles said...

Very sorry that you had t face such a catastrophe.Very sad that your child left in so much pain.I wish you a happy life with another baby if possible.And always hold on to the wonderful memories to make you strong.